build your musicianship and technique
Our private lessons are goal orientated and student led.
CFPA fosters a love and appreciation for music, having positive musical experiences and the opportunity to share small goals by performing often. We believe in teaching healthy techniques that will increase the longevity of the performer, while allowing the student to decide their song choices so they remain engaged in the instrument. We love to challenge students by introducing them to new styles while allowing them to have power over their song choices.
CFPA offers private instruction in...
musical instruments → voice, piano, guitar, ukulele, drums, bass
We believe everyone can benefit from musical experiences. It has been proven that music learning and play benefits other areas of students lives. The benefits can be seen socially, academically, mentally, physically and emotionally. Humans use sound for connection and communication. We are innately musical beings! If you have been longing to learn how to play an instrument or learn how to coordinate your singing voice for the sounds you desperately want to make, there is no better time than now!
music writing and notation → MUSIC theory, IMPROVISATION, COMPOSITION, songwriting, self-accompanyinG
If you already are a well coordinated musician, you may be looking for guidance on how to start building your musical foundation so that you can be more creative. Taking lessons to learn how to improve your music literacy opens doors to understanding the language and patterns of music, which can improve your musical creativity.
arts and theatre → dance, acting, characterization and audition coachinG
Perhaps you are an entertainer in a different arts genre looking for one on one instruction with a professional educator in their field. CFPA offers private coaching in technique for dedicated students to their craft. These lessons are gears towards re-professional dancers, theatre vocalists and acting students. It is also common for students closer to auditions, Kiwanis and Competitions to book additional one on one support lessons closer to big events.
artistry → creativity consulting and discovery
Creativity consultants will inspire you to dig deeper into your artistry and hone your craft. Asking questions without necessarily needing an answer "NOW", but enjoying the discoveries we make along the journey. Creativity sessions may look different for each student depending on their goals. Examples: Students working to release an album of original music may enjoy one on one sessions to workshop songs, visions, project ideas, ask for information or advice on particular topics, study a range of instruments or topics depending on their need or goals at the time. These sessions are student-led and SMART goal driven.
Private lessons range from 18-33$ for a half hour lesson. Price point of the lesson is determined by the educator, or a Teaching Apprentice status ($18/30 minutes). Students register for a weekly private lesson, and may terminate at any time by completing a withdrawal form.
Recitals and performance opportunity are extended to all students of Courtney Fowler Performance Academy. Keep a close eye on our CFPA NEWS and FaceBook pages for updates on where we will be performing next!
Which lesson option works best for you?
- Options → Lower Price Range (Teaching Apprentice Rate) to Higher Price Range (Experienced/Educated Industry Professionals)
- 30 weekly private lessons from Sept 2022 to June 2023 → $54 to $104 /monthly, depending on instructor
- 15 biweekly private lessons from Sept 2022 to June 2023 → $24 to $54 /monthly, depending on instructor
- 30 weekly semi-private lessons from Sept 2022 to June 2023 → $34 to $84 /monthly, depending on instructor
- Prepaid lessons → Purchase a block of 4 or 8 lessons use anytime → $25/lesson (no refunds or exchanges)
lesson centre membership includes...
Lesson Centre Membership includes:
- CFPA Hoodie → $45 value
- Open Mic opportunities in local hot spots
- Live performance opportunities in CFPA Recital
- Invitation to participate in monthly community and studio events
- Opportunities to collaborate with other studio musicians in performances, events or recordings
- Weekly private training class → tuition depending on class length and instructor
- Online resources to help with learning material
- A supportive community environment
- ALL INCLUSIVE COST - NO HIDDEN FEES: The only thing left to purchase is your show tickets!
- At any time, you may terminate your membership by submitting a Withdrawal Form through CFPA’s website.
- Monthly Membership Fee (30 lessons from Sept to June):
- Studios of Experienced Educators/Industry Professionals → $104/monthly
- Teacher Apprentice Studios → $64/monthly
- PEDAGOGY DIRECTOR → COURTNEY FOWLER > TEACHING APPRENTICES → TEACHING APPRENTICES ARE VOCAL PEDAGOGY STUDENTS, MENTORED AND DIRECTED BY COURTNEY FOWLER. ALL TEACHING APPRENTICES ATTEND A 2 HOUR PEDAGOGY & PERFORMANCE CLASS WEEKLY. FEATURING GUEST SPEAKERS RELATED TO PEDAGOGY, VOICE PRODUCTION AND OVERALL WELLNESS.