Students learn how to write music in different styles, and have the opportunity to write collaboratively. Learn how to write songs with the Band class to make your songs unique. This class will foster creativity and self-expression. This class will collaborate directly with the band class.
This is a great option for a student who:
- Prefer learning in a social environment
- Loves to express themselves
- wants to improve their aural and music theory skills
- enjoys collaborating with other musicians
- would like a lower price point option (alternative option to private lessons)
- would prefer to create their own catalogue of original music
About the teacher
Veronica received her Bachelor of Music Therapy from Acadia University in may of 2020, and will be joining Memorial University's School of Music to obtain her Master of Arts in Ethnomusicology in the fall. She believes that every human being is inherently musical, and that the more we make music, the more we are introduced to ourselves. [read more about veronica here]
Students will write songs from various genres that they are interested in. By the end of the year, they will write a full EP.