At a glance...
CFPA's new Pre-Professional Program is designed to provide our students with the necessary tools to pursue theatre at a professional level. This program is for high school students and mature junior high students who are serious about theatre arts. This program is designed to work in conjunction with our new internship program which will be offering students paid acting, production, writing, and directing positions through Courtney Fowler Performance Academy.
The PRE-PROFESSIONAL curriculum
This part of the class will prepare our students to work in the field of theatre arts as an actor. We will focus on the basics of professional acting including the audition process, building individual classical and modern repertoire, basic stage combat, rehearsal etiquette, and generally preparing our students for the world of professional theatre.
Delve into the world of technical production! Learn how to stage manage, production manage, and design sound, light, costumes, and set. This part of the class prepares our students to work in the feild of technical production on a professional level, offering experience and preparing our students for work opportunities across the province!
Throughout the year our directing students will study and practice essential tools for directing actors on-stage. We will be studying a variety of styles and techniques throughout the year, and this portion of the class will be personalized to develop each directors individual process. This class is designed to instill leadership and confidence in our students!
Learn how to write your own plays in this introductory course! As Newfoundlanders, we have a rich history of storytelling that permeates throughout our culture. This is amazing for students who who love to create and tell stories. We will be working on group and individual projects throughout the year, focusing on different elements of storytelling, which will culminate in our year end project.
Performance & Internship Opportunities
For our year end project the Pre-Professional students will be directing, designing, and performing in a short play festival which will be compiled of original work written by the students. Through this class our students will be developing an understanding of theatre arts as a whole, preparing them for the world of professional theatre. The students in this class will be high on our list for employment opportunities through our new CFPA internship program, which we will be developing throughout the year.
This is a great option for a student who:
Pre-Professional Membership includes:
- CFPA Hoodie → $45 value
- Workshop with an Industry Professional → $25-50 value
- Production Workshops & Experience → $25-50 value
- All Technical Rentals Included → $50-100 value
- Headshot and Resume building → $50-100 value
- Be the one to record and produce the Original Short Films, Music Videos and other technical studio projects by collaborating with performance classes
- Operate the technical equipment and provide the support for live CFPA events
- End of year Academy Awards Night red carpet event
- Weekly group training class in production, directing, playwriting and stage managing → tuition depending on class length
- Work with a variety of different instructors
- Additional instruction and rehearsal time during the months leading to projects or performances
- Online resources to help with learning material
- A supportive community environment with monthly performance and recording opportunities
- ALL INCLUSIVE COST - NO HIDDEN FEES: The only thing left to purchase is your show tickets!
- At any time, you may terminate your membership by submitting a Withdrawal Form through CFPA’s website with 30 days notice.
- Monthly Membership Fee:
- $114.00 (90 minute class time: Junior High-High School)