Pete is an international musician, producer, engineer with studio time logged in various parts of Canada and the U.S. He holds a degree in music production from Berklee College of Music where he studied under many producers, including Mitch Benoff and Don Was. He has a specific love for vocal production, and his past three albums have received international attention and 5 MusicNL nominations. Pete has engineered, mixed, and mastered multiple artists, across genres, and is excited to share his tips to take your mix from basement to radio.
What class should I take?
Ever wonder why all your favourite songs sound so special? Mixing Basics takes you over every aspect of the mixing world in a beginner friendly manner. Dip your ears into all the keystones of mixing and shine up your engineering skills.
You are an artist. Sweet--so now what? Developing your artistry takes a deep dive into what it means to be an artist. Take a look into the philosophical aspects of being an artist, converse with classmates about your craft, and make some self defining choices. Get your wake up call early with real world examples, group discussions on the science of sound, and the realities of financial burdens. Developing your artistry will focus SPECIFICALLY on the art of music, in all its forms.
Recording basics is an intense 15 week course that prepares you to work in any recording studio around the globe. Take your basement recording studio to the next level or just turn your dream into reality. This course is for complete newbies and beginners who want to get the best sound from their gear.
PETE @ CFPA Membership includes:
- PETE @ CFPA Hoodie → $45 value
- Workshop with an Industry Professional → $25-50 value
- Production Workshops & Experience → $25-50 value
- Opportunities to record and produce projects by collaborating with other classes
- Operate the technical equipment and provide the support for live CFPA events
- Field trips to Professional Recording Studio
- Courses designed by Industry Professional
- End of year Academy Awards Night red carpet event
- Weekly group training class and peer learning opportunities
- Take home projects to be submitted and reviewed weekly
- ALL INCLUSIVE COST - NO HIDDEN FEES.
- At any time, you may terminate your membership by submitting a Withdrawal Form through CFPA’s website with 30 days notice.
- Monthly Membership Fee:
- 1 Class - $124.00
- 2 Classes - $224.00
- 3 Classes - $304.00